Yes, it's a DDA. I don't think the bank will charge you unless this is a very recent change. We do get charged on our side but don't charge the customer for now.
Posts made by iris_neat
RE: Neat Business account
Hi there, we sent the event attendees a link to sign up by email the day after, did you sign up using that link or did you sign up on our general website for the waiting list? If you signed up using the special link provided please email us the name of your company at firstname.lastname@example.org. Normally processing the application only takes around a week. If it’s been a month, it probably means we are missing some documents or other information from your side. If you did not sign up using the special link and only signed up for the waiting list, please send us an email too so we can send you the link and you can complete the full registration.
RE: Direct Bank Transfer
We don’t ask for your online banking login details, like passwords. We only ask you to submit your bank account number and ID number that you used to open the account (we have an ID on record, but this may be a different one that you used to open your account, for example passport vs HKID). You can only link a bank account in your own name. We then send your name, ID number and account details to your bank, and if it is the same as they have on record, the account link will be approved by your bank.
RE: roadmape (personal + business) accounts
- Individual bank account numbers in your own company name are already used for business right now
- Since we have set up the system, we will move consumer to the system as well over the next months
At the moment we are focused on Hong Kong, of course you can still apply if you don't live here and we are looking at things such as multi-currency accounts.
RE: Beneficial Ownership of the Neat segregated account
Hi there, since the segregated bank account we safely store your funds in is not in your own name, some services won't be able to let you use this. We have already created a setup that allows giving everyone their own account number in their own name, that we are currently using for our business product and we are also planning to move our personal product to this system over the next months.
Hiring: Financial Controller
We are now looking for a Financial Controller to work closely with the CEO and CTO to help us scale our rigorous daily reconciliation processes between internal systems and accounting books. Apply at www.neat.hk/careers
You will be the Accounting subject matter expert responsible for corporate accounting, financial reporting, budgeting and forecasts preparation as well as development of internal control policies and procedures.
- Manage all accounting operations including Billing, A/R, A/P, GL and Counsel, Cost Accounting, Inventory Accounting and Revenue Recognition
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Coordinate and direct the preparation of budget and financial forecasts
and report variances
- Prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements
- Research technical accounting issues for compliance
- Support month-end and year-end close process
- Manage and comply with reporting requirements and tax filings
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to
maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Adhere to all designated time frames, manage workflow to the specified
deadlines and complete responsibilities in a satisfactory manner
- Interact with auditors, compliance management and regulators if
Skills & requirements
- CPA or CMA preferred
- Proven working experience as a Financial Controller
- Minimum 3 years of accounting and finance experience
- Academic degree in Accounting
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Experience with creating financial statements
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end
- Excellent accounting software user skills (Xero, Quickbooks, Freshbooks,
- Excellent administration skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and ability to make decisions according to
established guidelines; work unsupervised and to accomplish tasks accurately and on a timely basis; prioritize work; strong organizational skills
- Proficiency in SQL preferred
What we're looking for:
- Someone with passion for FinTech
- Someone with experience in entrepreneurship
- Someone with very strong ethics
- Someone who loves to learn, and is passionate about helping others
- Someone who can collaborate and work well with others