Top up using direct debit?

• Besides Neat, I'm using another local debit card that works like this: when you are trying to pay for something and your balance drops below zero as a result of that transaction, the card is instantly and automatically refilled for a predetermined amount (you can choose HKD 500 or HKD 1000), deducted directly from your savings account.

I don't know if it's technically feasible, but maybe it could be possible to set up a direct debit from one's savings account in a local bank to Neat?

• We're working on direct debit and for now we're planning to give the options of refilling either periodically or if your balance reaches below X amount (or manual refill). It'd be difficult to do it real-time as the banks don't process real time. In theory it'd be possible to do, but we'd need to be willing to take the risk that the user actually has enough balance in the other account (quite high risk). I'm assuming in your case the account has to be with the same bank as the debit card?

If you're interested in early access send us a message as we'll be testing soon.

• Got it! I didn't know the direct debit is not instant and yeah, in my other card the money is deducted from the account in the same bank.

I will be certainly interested in early access. My card is ending in -3006 and my username here is my real name.

• @iris_neat I would definitely be interested in early access. This and lack of spending rewards are my two main blockers to using neat as my everyday card.

• @Anton said in Top up using direct debit?:

Besides Neat, I'm using another local debit card that works like this: when you are trying to pay for something and your balance drops below zero as a result of that transaction, the card is instantly and automatically refilled for a predetermined amount (you can choose HKD 500 or HKD 1000), deducted directly from your savings account.

I don't know if it's technically feasible, but maybe it could be possible to set up a direct debit from one's savings account in a local bank to Neat?

@Anton said in Top up using direct debit?:

Besides Neat, I'm using another local debit card that works like this: when you are trying to pay for something and your balance drops below zero as a result of that transaction, the card is instantly and automatically refilled for a predetermined amount (you can choose HKD 500 or HKD 1000), deducted directly from your savings account.

Count me in too. I hate the fact the 99% of banks in HK don't issue Visa/Master/Amex Debit Cards anymore. This is why I got Prepaid Cards and Neat.

Their reliance on EPS is unusable for travel and online payment outside HK.

UnionPay is also something they all rely on and has limited acceptance outside the Mainland and even in HK.

• This post is deleted!

• @iris_neat said in Top up using direct debit?:

We're working on direct debit and for now we're planning to give the options of refilling either periodically or if your balance reaches below X amount (or manual refill). It'd be difficult to do it real-time as the banks don't process real time. In theory it'd be possible to do, but we'd need to be willing to take the risk that the user actually has enough balance in the other account (quite high risk). I'm assuming in your case the account has to be with the same bank as the debit card?

If you're interested in early access send us a message as we'll be testing soon.

@iris_neat said in Top up using direct debit?:

We're working on direct debit and for now we're planning to give the options of refilling either periodically or if your balance reaches below X amount (or manual refill). It'd be difficult to do it real-time as the banks don't process real time. In theory it'd be possible to do, but we'd need to be willing to take the risk that the user actually has enough balance in the other account (quite high risk). I'm assuming in your case the account has to be with the same bank as the debit card?

I'm interested in the early access too. Thanks.

Looks like your connection to NEAT was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.