Prepaid Master Card in monitoring spending behaviors

• Usually in most bank-issued credit cards, the spending behaviors are monitored to prevent frauds. For example, if you don't use that card very often, and suddenly spend quite a lot, the bank would stop any further transactions until they can call you and know it's not stolen.

Does the prepaid MasterCard have this same issue? Are these Neat cards spending behaviors being monitored? If so, by whom?

• I hope not, because this is incredibly stupid that I can't pay or withdraw money sometimes because the transaction is suspected to be "fraud". I'd rather lose my money than endure this.

• @Anton said in Prepaid Master Card in monitoring spending behaviors:

I hope not, because this is incredibly stupid that I can't pay or withdraw money sometimes because the transaction is suspected to be "fraud". I'd rather lose my money than endure this.

Most, if not all, bank-issued credit cards are like that, so I was just wondering if Neat card does that too.

• neat also has such a stupid thing.
    I receive SMS for every transactions. On march 30th.a payment with an amount of 10 GBP was declined. I asked neat why, but does not receive an answer.

The SMS-Text was:
    Your Global Cash account ended with number xxxx made flushes at 3/31 amount is 10.00 pound sterling.

So it seems, they have a fraud prevention on the card, but retailer was china unicom and I tryed to reload my sim card

• The standard MasterCard rules and protection apply and in addition our card issuer has certain pattern recognition measures in place to detect potential fraud. What we quite like and have seen from other solutions as well is that the user can set themselves whether they want the following: if the card is used in a different location than where the phone is, the transaction will be blocked (user would have to give phone permission for access to location). It's something we could consider for future.

The push notifications should help you detect right away if a transaction was made that was not made by you. If this ever happens (so far this has not happened to any of our users :)), you can contact us and we will help you file a chargeback claim. The card issuer will start an investigation and liaise with the merchant and the card issuer will make the ultimate decision on whether a chargeback (which is like a refund) will be granted or not.

• @eandree "account made flushes" is apparently a bad translation for "the money was returned to your card". I receive this when I get normal, expected refunds.

Remember to always flush! :D

• @Anton Thanks for a answering my question. neat doesn't do it.

• @iris_neat
    That absolutely makes no sense.
    I can use all my other Mastercards for Online transactions and often companies are in other countries then my mobile phone.
    This is one of the reasons, why a person uses a credit card.
    I live in Germany and buy something online in UK or HK, then it will never be possible to be in this countries with my mobile.
    How should this work?

But for sure it makes sense to decide,where to use the card.
    Some Cards offer the Servie to set up every Single country (Bunq, Luthansa Credit Card), some other offer the possibility to switch on/off services (allow online payments domestic, allow online payments abroad, allow ATM withdrawals domestic, allow ATM withdrawals abroad and block/unblock the card completely).

• @eandree yes that would be for physical purchases only and that is why if we were to ever implement this it'd definitely be something that can be set by the user.

Looks like your connection to neat was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.