Just got the Neat card, here are some questions

• 1.) Is Neat still in beta stage?

2.) When I travel, before I check-in a hotel room, they require a deposit. Can I pay the deposit with this Neat card?

If it is a credit card, usually they hold the amount of deposit from the available credit amount, how does it work on the Neat card? If the deposit is $1000, I'd need to have at least $1000 balance on my Neat card, correct?

3.) When I pay with the Neat card, can the Merchant tell it is a pre-paid MasterCard? On the Neat card, there is a wording "Neat" above my name on the card, whereas there is none on a normal credit card, so I presume it's how a pre-paid MasterCard appears.

4.) I know this has been asked before, does Neat work on Apple Pay now?

1. Yes, we are still in beta stage for now.

2. Neat Card works like a normal MasterCard, you can use it to pay the deposit or room rate in the hotel. However, Neat Card is are a prepaid card, you will need to have sufficient amount of money in the account for the hotel to do the authorization. The transaction will be shown on your app and will be taken from your balance temporarily.

3. The merchant normally won't recognize it's a prepaid card by the appearance or during the transaction (but the backend system does). We put Neat on the card as part of our design. May I know if you have any issues or concerns with that?

4. We do not support Apple Pay at the moment. However, this is definitely one of the features that we are working on. We will keep you all posted once available.

• @Link1001

1. Credit cards can also have a company name embossed above the cardholder's name, so the merchant may not pay attention to that. For example, my employer provided a credit card for corporate expenses, and it had the company name embossed just above my name. So having the words "NEAT" above your name doesn't automatically mean that the card is a debit one.

However, a printed credit card receipt sometimes shows words like "APPLICATION: MASTERCARD CREDIT" or "APPLICATION: MASTERCARD DEBIT" somewhere in the middle of the receipt, so in that case the seller might learn that it's not a credit card.

However, most sellers don't care. I added the Neat card as my payment method in Smartone, and the clerk was surprised but didn't reject it.

1. I'm just wondering, why not pay directly with the card? Because Apple Pay works in the same way as PayWave cards. So instead of holding your phone just hold the card to the PayWave reader.

• @Anton said in Just got the Neat card, here are some questions:

I added the Neat card as my payment method in Smartone, and the clerk was surprised but didn't reject it.

So, you can put the Neat card to autopay monthly cell phone bill?

What about promotion that requires a credit card? For example, last month China Mobile has a promotion that requires you to sign up a 24-month contract with a credit card. Can I use the Neat card to sign up? The promotion gives you a $5000 worth of new phone for free.

• @eunice_neat said in Just got the Neat card, here are some questions:

1. Neat Card works like a normal MasterCard, you can use it to pay the deposit or room rate in the hotel. However, Neat Card is are a prepaid card, you will need to have sufficient amount of money in the account for the hotel to do the authorization. The transaction will be shown on your app and will be taken from your balance temporarily.

So if the deposit is $1000, as long as I have over $1000 in my account, I should be able to pay with the Neat card? The $1000 will then be temporarily taken, and will be released back to me when I check-out. Correct?

The balance of the Neat card is in HKD. When I travel to Japan, for instance, the payment I make there will just be converted/exchanged automatically, right?

Looks like your connection to NEAT was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.