notification when transactions are modified to add e.g. a tip

• Some bills allow us to leave a tip.
    However then the credit card is first charged, it is charged without the tip amount - because the card is processed before the bill with the tip option is produced.

The tip amount is added later, and I am never notified of when it does, and how much is added - the amount I wrote or a different amount.

In another scenario, if I add no tip and forget to strike a line instead of the tip amount, I am never sure whether someone will write some number there and a tip will be added, perhaps a large amount.

So my feature request is to have a way to be notified, when a previous transaction is modified to add a tip.

For reference see below two screenshots, one with a transaction before the tip (Bom Cusine, HK$ 361) and one after the tip (HK$ 391, that I checked a few days later). This went properly, and the right tip was added, but I had to remember to verify it myself.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/22711287/IMG_0470.PNG
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/22711287/IMG_0469.PNG

• Thanks for the suggestion. What would be your preferred way to be notified of the different amount charged after a tip (or another charge) was added?

• I think that if such tip is processed later, it should show as a separate line in the transactions, and on the date it was actually processed (the same for any other change to an amount).

A notification would be good; I think a message in the app would be nice, but maybe for people who always tip, this could be a lot of messages to click away?

• Refiring this old discussion :)

In a slightly different scenario, the following happened to me:

• a hotel charged the cost of the room (140) to me plus deposit (50)
    • the full amount (190) showed up in my transactions (which confused me)
    • eventually, only the amount for the room (140, so without deposit) was settled. I did not get any notification for this, so I was convinced the full amount (190 including deposit) was still charged, which confused me more.

Another scenario is http://community.neat.hk/topic/43/refund-notifications-needed

From an accountancy perspective, I still think that such corrections or changes should show as a separate line in the transactions. I would also like to have a notification, which would really help in these scenarios.

• @bao_hongkong We've adjusted the logic, so the correct settled amount would be shown in the app. Please let us know if you find it otherwise

• Hi Igor, can you tell me more on what you changed and how it should be visible, for instance in the scenario of the tip, or of the canceled deposit?

So first scenario: you pay 1000 hkd, and 100 tip, which is added after a couple days.
    Second scenario: you pay 1000 hkd plus 100 deposit, but the deposit is deducted later.

In both cases, how is the user notified that the amount has changed, or that something happened?

• To help you, here's what I would like to see in both scenarios:
    scenario 1: the tip
    10/07/2017: -1000 HKD to restaurant
    (...other transactions...)
    13/07/2017: -100 HKD tip to restaurant

scenario 2: the deposit
    10/07/2017: -1100 HKD to hotel
    13/07/2017: +100 HKD deposit returned

=====================================

Of course I am fully unaware of what information you receive from your partner. The following would also be ok to me (but less nice):
    scenario 1: the tip
    10/07/2017: -1000 HKD to restaurant
    13/07/2017: the amount is updated to -1100; show a notification to the user saying: transaction XXXX updated from -1000 to -1100. Your balance has been adjusted accordingly.

scenario 2: the deposit
    10/07/2017: -1100 HKD to hotel
    13/07/2017: the amount is updated to -1000; show a notification to the user saying: transaction XXXX updated from -1100 to -1000. Your balance has been adjusted accordingly.

Hope that helps :)

Looks like your connection to NEAT was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.