Auto topup fail
The Starbucks HK app currently has a promo on auto-topups from a Mastercard. Overjoyed to have found a use-case for my neat card and decided I'd give it a whirl.
My customer journey:
- Added my neat card within the Starbucks app... success!
- Opened the neat app, went to auto topup and realised it only supports bank accounts, not cards
- Went to topup manually from a card. It couldn't do a camera scan of my card details so input them manually
- Went to topup $200 and saw I was about to be charged approx $9 for doing this... ouch
- Decided instead to go down the route of auto topup from a bank account. Added my various details. Confirmed then received error NeatHK.WSError error 1
Safe to say I gave up at this point.
Struggling to think of why I'd pay fees to topup from a credit card when I could just buy things with the credit card directly (and receive the associated benefits of points and rewards).