Octopus: AAVS (Automatic Add Value Service)

• A nice additional feature would be if I could top up my octopus card with AAVS (Automatic Add Value Service) using my Neat account.

• @Juliew if u know how the AAVS works , you will know this is impossible for a prepaid card to give you this service . Prepaid cards give u no credit limit , when you top up by AAVS , the octopus card company will record this top up by by your octopus card number then they will send to your credit card company to ask for money . This is all done offline so a credit limit is needed for this to happen . Unless Neat gives u credit limit , this service will never be available to u .

• Thanks for your suggestion. Ideally we'd love if HK would adopt what other cities have been doing everywhere: accept contactless payments on public transport...

As for Octopus integration we would love to have it, but the 2 available options would unfortunately not be so easy to do on short term:

1). AAVS - Not impossible but a bit more difficult to do with prepaid. We may not forever stick to a prepaid product, but this is not something that'd change overnight.
    2). Integrated Octopus chip in our MasterCard - this is another possibility and probably even better, but quite expensive, so we won't be able to do it right now

Looks like your connection to neat was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.